SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
life_on_the_edges

Delaware Wild Plant ID

life_on_the_edges
15 years ago

Hi All,

I'm looking for IDs and for references to assist me in IDing native plants, wildflowers, and trees in the Mid-Atlantic region, especially in Delaware. I keep a photoblog, and lately I wonder more and more what the plants I sometimes photograph actually are, especially the ones I see again and again in various places.

If anyone knows of any good plant ID books or sites for my area, I would love to have recommendations. And if anyone wants to take a look at my photoblog and see if they know any of them offhand, that would be great. I've got flowers, berries, mushrooms, leaves, tree bark, all kinds of stuff that I have no names for.

I didn't see anywhere if there was a preference for embedded images or external links, so I'll post some links to photos from Trap Pond State Park as an example and feel free to let me know if you prefer embedded images here instead.

This one has a mushroom, a fall leaf, and some kind of pine tree bark.

This one has what I assume must be bald cypress (?) but I'm not sure since it's not actually *in* the water like the others, and I can't get close enough to the ones that *are* in the water to do an up close comparison. Also an unidentified berry.

This one has lots of unidentified berries.

This one has a yellow flower growing on the border of the pond.

This one has more photos from the same trees as above, which I think are cypress, but these are the pinecones and bark. Also what I think must be Virginia Creeper.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)