SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnabaskets

Let's sound off on rain barrels

Donna
14 years ago

I am looking for rainbarrels this year. I have never had one. I want to spend as little as possible for the very best looking one possible, and don't forget that it needs to be convenient to use....:)

Sam's club has some very attractive ones, shaped like a terracotta urn, for $85. I thought that was high until I started pricing them... The top is not removable, which means I cannot dip a watering can into it. It does have a screen on it, and a "planter". (Big deal. It's only about 3 inches deep. Who comes up with this stuff?) The bottom "spigot" is very small, not over 3/8 inch in diameter, I am guessing, which makes me think it could be a very slow process filling cans. Also, it's too small an opening to connect to a garden hose. But it does have connectors so I could have more than one barrel at a downspout.

There's no doubt I'd save more than enough to pay for one or two a season if it's not so frustrating to use that I use the hose anyway.

So, do you have a rain barrel? What do you like about it? What do you hate? If you like it, where did you get it?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting