SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachaellemmon

please share your ideas on tall ornamental shrubs

RachaelLemmon
9 years ago

Hi guys and gals. Im upstate ny zone 5 . This summer my neighbor did a horrible job at leveling the slope of his yard. Now i am forced to view even more of the mess than ever before, as my lower yard now sits far below the level of his upper yard. The slope of my yard is extremely steep and i have no interest in concrete sticking out of the ground to set fence posts. That being said im thinking of planting some nice tall shrubs and creating a barrier thats more of a garden. I already have a 160ft line of privet on the opposite side and dont want a hedge on this side. Evergreen is not important since in the winter we hibernate ;). The back yard is used from april - oct . I dont have a ton of money so this will be a ongoing project but i do have some things i could try to move , like my peegee shrub and also my william baffin. I have seen ninebarks that i was considering . Any and all ideas are so welcome. I attached a photo of the line between us that i need to cover, the raised yard on his side would make 8-15 feet tall ideal where his wall is the higest and the yard begins to slope steeply. Thanks guys!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County