SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clueless_gardener

White Rock Mistake

18 years ago

Hi! I'm newbie at this site as well as being a new homeowner. Our backyard started as uneven patch of dirt and rocks. The dirt is so hard, almost clay like that my husband and I ruled out putting lawns since neither one of us knew much about gardening, and hauling all the rocks out seemed like a daunting task. Professional help is out budget wise. We thought putting white rocks and covering all the dirt with it is the solution.

Problem: We underestimated how much rocks we need because of the uneven ground. We initially thought 2 cubic yards of rocks are enough, but we are now at 6 cubic yards and counting. Besides the rising cost, our back and muscles are screaming in protest!

Is there any potential problems I'm facing because I just dumped all this white rocks in my backyard? I started reading the forums, and I'm already concerned about weeds growing on top of the rocks. Also, I never realized those rocks are sooooooo bright I can barely look at them. However, the dirt underneath is red....will this cause the rocks to be discolored?

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County