SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organicgardendreams

Mr. Lincoln own root vs. grafted?

Hi everyone!

Last year in December I received a band of Mr. Lincoln from Heirloom. The band was really small but healthy and leafed out quickly. Then is seemed to slow down in terms of growing and up to now hasn't done much more. In comparison to the other 6 bands that I got together with Mr. Lincoln, he is really stands out as a weakling so far and all bands have gotten the same treatment.

I am getting concerned that this is a rose that is not growing well on its own roots and wondering, if I should have bought him as a grafted rose. Another possibility of course would be, that I have just gotten a weak specimen or that this rose just needs more time to develop than others.

A neighbor of mine has a grafted Mr. Lincoln and her plant is a strong grower, healthy, and is producing quite a lot of his awesome fragrant flowers. So I assume in general this plant is growing well in my area. Also some forum members have said that the rose is suited for SoCa.

Does anybody grow Mr. Lincoln own roots and/or grafted and would be willing to share their observations and experiences with him? It would be really nice if you could help me to get some clarification here. I want this rose so badly to grow well and give me some flowers this year and

I still could get a second Mr. Lincoln grafted and potted from a nursery or order another band from Heirloom or even another vendor... What do you think?

Comments (10)