SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katefisher_gw

Weekend trip to Sequoia Nursery

katefisher
16 years ago

Well this last Saturday I finally sweet talked the husband into jumping into the car at 6 a.m. and making a fast trip down to Visalia and Sequoia Nursery. It was a blast I have to say. If anyone is in the general vicinity (or even if you're not - for us it was a six hour drive) you will be very happy with yourself if you take the time go.

The nursery was great. Not only did I buy 24 roses, meet Carolyn who I have talked to on the phone multiple times and drove crazy with my questions, saw the Nursery which was amazing and still very full with roses but of course we were able to meet and chat with Mr. Moore. What a gentleman he was. Very smart, sweet, funny and more lucid than people I know who are half his age.

Of the 24 roses I bought 12 were friends. I kept for myself:

Precious Dream

Spotlight

RainbowÂs End

Playgold

Linda Campbell

Anne Marie de Mon

Dresden Doll

Out of the Night

Green Ice (2)

Love and Peace

Starina

I could have bought more. Oh yes it would have been easy. I'm so glad I went. Carolyn invited us to come back before they close and that is a major temptation! A very fun time indeed. I thought only buying 24 roses total and spending two hours showed major restraint on my part! The roses in the pots are: Julie Link, Buttermint, Sequoia Twist, Twilight Skies, Vineyard Song, and Tangerine Jewel that were very graciously purchased for me by our Leslie (lesdvs9) of this forum in case they sold out.

Put the images in a slideshow. Hope this works.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Sequoia Nursery

Comments (18)