SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Not ordering any roses this year

rosefolly
16 years ago

As some of you already know, I cut way back on my roses over the past two years, by nearly a third. Last year I put in my Hobbit Garden (herbs and old-fashioned flowers) and we expanded the vegetable garden. This year we are planting a small home orchard, eighteen trees and some blueberries added to the eight fruit trees already there. While my love of roses remains undimmed, I have as many as I can take care of, so I'm not buying more roses.

Except that I still read this forum regularly, and was very intrigued by the recent discussion of Madame de Sévigné. Definitely sounded like my kind of rose, fragrant and full and romantic. So this morning I had to call Trish at Ashdown and ask her to send it to me. And earlier this year I contacted Gita at Vintage and expressed a desire for Gertrude Jeckyll, Great Maiden's Blush, Bardou Job, and Madame Legras de St. Germain. Hey, if you're on first name terms with the people you order your roses from, it's hardly a real business transaction somehow.

So you can see, I didn't order any roses this year.

Rosefolly

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath