SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firstmmo

Brand new to Growing from Seed-- new Germination Station

firstmmo
13 years ago

I am brand new to growing from seeds. In the past I have grown veggies in my garden but went to garden stores and bought small plants in 4" or 6" containers. I would very much like to try growing from seed. My Christmas gift from my family included a variety package of 18 types of different Vegetable Garden Seeds and a Germination Station which includes a 72 cell covered tray along with a heated pad that goes underneath. I also have some type of soiless material that you start seedlings with. This has been my best xmas gift from my family (sure beats the unworn leopard-print sweater or the desk accessories that I got one year!).

So, I am trying to learn everything I can about growing from seed. I am super excited to start this but am I too early to start the seeds? We have very little "frost" here in NorCal, so should be relatively warm by the end of March. That's about 90 days. So, can I start the seeds, get to small seedling stage, transplant to pots to set outside, then put them outside by end of March?

Any website that you can direct me too will be gladly appreciated!

Comments (9)