SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rouge21_gw

Was expansion and soon to be maintenance

In another thread in this forum woodyoak wrote: (I've completely run out of space so can't do new areas unless I rip out an existing one!)

I have peered into the future considering the nature of the work to be in our residential garden.

Specifically I have a virgin garden that I 'constructed' late this past fall, awaiting me this spring. But after this there will be no more garden expansion on our property (basically it is not feasible to expropriate any more lawn). This saddens me as it has been my experience in the 5 years that I have been an avid, rabid gardener that it is the building of a new plot and then populating it with new and interesting plants that gives me so much satisfaction. But now I can see the time when it will be almost exclusively maintenance on our property (2014).

For those of you that have gone through this cycle of (gardening) life how has it been?

When you are very much in maintenance mode do you find it (much) less fulfilling than that sexy expansion ;)? How do you spice things up?

(I really would consider moving....getting a larger property but my much better half would have no part of it).

I look forward to hearing from newer (anyone else feel like I?) and experienced gardeners alike.

This post was edited by rouge21 on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 15:58

Comments (19)