SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dennis1983

Peaches of New York

dennis1983
14 years ago

Hi

I found this book in internet and think somebody might be interesting to look it. Book name is The peaches of New York. It is little old from year 1917. You can read it on internet PDF file, but you need Adobe Acrobat to read it. PDF size is 36 MB so it may take sometime to load it. You can also read it online. I think PDF is so big in size, because book has pictures on it. There is also text file which is 1 MB in size, but it does not have pictures. Book has 748 pages on PDF file. I think complete book is online, so it is all there, and it is free.

Before giving you to address to the book, i want to say one thing.

Hi Scottfsmith thank you of your peach variety message (Not sure do you see this message, but i still say it.). On that message thread Theaceofspades said many peach on your list is over 100 years old. Maryland is not far from New York, U.S.A. Maybe you want to check that book, if there is describtions of some your peach varieties.

Starting on page 178 is leading varieties of peaches. It starts Alexander variety, which is first variety on that list, followed by Alton and Arp. I also saw by searching (I meant using Adobe Acrobat reader search option) there was J.H. Hale peach variety too, which i think might be still grown today in U.S.A.

Hope someone liked the link. Here is the link (Click from left frame what way you want to look at the book, PDF, text or online) :

http://www.archive.org/details/peachesofnewyork00hedr

Comments (15)