SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kkcponds

Fish Dying - Please Help!

kkcponds
12 years ago

I've had 3 small ponds for years and normally no problems. But this summer I began having fish die in my larger 300 gal pond. Initially I assumed that it was due to too many fish & too much heat. (I haven't introduced new fish or plants in years). We were having 105-110 degree days daily and I was replenishing 20-30 gallons of water ever 2-3 days (using declorinator). I added shade and an aerator, but this hasn't helped. I also started adding frozen 3-liter bottles of water to try to bring down the 90 degree water. Still no good. I have tested my water and all the levels appear to be well within normal ranges. But they are still dying. They become sluggish and i notice their gill area turning redish. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't use any chemicals of any kind in my yard, so don't feel they were poisoned. I just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? A disease that could have come from the air??? The other two ponds have no problems and they are all in the same area. Help please......

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH