SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiokimberly_gw

Looking for Backyard Orchard growers in Central Ohio

OhioKimberly
11 years ago

Ohio... Ohio... O.H.I.O!
Looking for Backyard Orchard growers in Central Ohio
I live in Columbus (Central Ohio). I recently purchased a home along with the empty lot next to mine. I am planning a "city garden" including an orchard with my second lot. Space is my concern. I want to grow a variety of trees in a compact space and still allow room for an area of raised vegetable beds.
Of course I want the variety to include apples, peaches, pears and cherries. I don�t think my space allows, but I am also interested in nectarines, apricots and berries. I have just started the education process of learning about fruit trees, growing-harvest cycles and just the basics and I already lost UGH! Just looking for my trees to purchase� I am confused with the broad pricing difference and hundreds of names in my zone of 5. Does anyone have a reliable � proven nursery supplier? I imagine dwarf trees would suit me best � however the 3-and-1 and 4-and-1 trees really seem too good to be true� are they really producers? I really could use a gardening buddy!
My lot is empty - flat and has never had a structure built since 1926 records. Approx. 50 ft. wide (north- south) and 140 ft. (east & west).
Anyone have any suggestions� my paper is blank!
Kimberly
Columbus Ohio

Comments (12)