SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lagomorphmom

Noella Nabonnand?

lagomorphmom
15 years ago

Hi all, I need urgent help for my Vintage order...

Background: I need probably 3 red climbers (not looking for monsters, just 10' or so climbers that will fill in) for around the front deck of our mountain retirement place (zone 8) we usually get several storms throughout the season usually less than a foot, but the last two seasons we've gotten a couple of 3-4' snows. Generally lows don't dip into the teens. The roses that I inherited do fantastically well in the decomposing granite as well as the ones that I've brought up from the coast that were mildew problems down here. I want a red that stays red, don't care so much about smell as I have plenty of others around the deck. I would like a true red as it will go behind a volunteer desert bird of paradise that amazingly does great on the mountain and has red & yellow flowers that usually go all spring summer. Leaves are ferny so it's sort of see-through.

In researching on this forum (and researching and researching...) I decided Ramblin' Red would be just the ticket, however bands won't be available until May (hopefully) from High Country. BUT, in noodling around Vintage I found Noella Nabonnand. This looks just as good to me. Anybody have experience with this one re: growth and color fade to pink???

Thanks guys!

Comments (5)