SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athenainwi

Melody Parfume or Blue Nile?

athenainwi
16 years ago

Well, I'm almost done with my rose ordering after a buying spree on Ashdown's website last night. I've got one spot left, and I'd like to get a nice purple rose for cutting. I've been planning to get Melody Parfume from JP, but it turns out that's all I'll be getting and I hate to pay the shipping on just one rose. I do have an order with Palatine already, and I see they still have Blue Nile available. Does anyone have experience with either of these roses? Which one is better for cutting? Are they both fragrant? Do they keep their color well or do they turn pink in the heat?

I'll take other suggestions too. So far I've tried Neptune but it turned pink at times and didn't do very well here. I bought Lagerfeld last year and I love the color but the blooms are very delicate and seem to get ruined easily. I also bought Fragrant Plum but that was late last year and it didn't really have a chance to do much. I'm getting Blue River this spring from Palatine. I might be getting Blackberry Nip if Steve has one when it's time to ship. So far my best purple has actually been The Prince. Oh, I have Intrigue too.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21