SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
battygardnr

Lady Banks on a wooden swingset?

battygardnr
15 years ago

I fell in love with a rose at the zoo in Waco. They had 2 of them and they looked like small trees covered with gorgeous blooms. They weren't identified so we just looked hard at it so we could recognize it again. I went to Sears Grand a few days later and they had one there, labeled as a Lady Banks rose. I wanted it but didn't get it. I couldn't get it off my mind so a couple days later I went back to Sears for another reason and bought it.

I knew I had seen it mentioned on various gardenweb forums so thought it was a safe bet. But now I see it can be a little dominating and I have no clue how to get it in the form the zoo had it. I'm afraid to put it too near the fence in case the neighbors don't want to share it.

I was wondering if planting it next to a plain wooden swing set would work out. I have 3 girls that would love the fairy-tale look of it. But I wouldn't want it to impede the use of the playscape either. The swing set currently gets covered in Mourning Dove whitewash so the roses would be a definite improvement.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz