SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redshirtcat

Diagnosis? Black Edged Leaves

redshirtcat
13 years ago

Hello,

I've recently begun paying much closer attention to all of my plants and am trying to track down causes for a lot of issues I've previously just let slide.

This rose tree (no idea what kind, came from my parents without tags) is under cool white fluorescents in ~65 degree temperatures with additional southeast sun from a window. I've recently sprayed it with insect and fungicidal soaps (maybe 2 weeks ago). I am fertilizing with 1 tsp Foliage Pro per gallon (9-3-6) and I make sure to check moisture levels before watering. The fertilization is a recent development, up until maybe a month ago I hadn't fertilized it at all.

I can't figure out why it has these black margins on the leaves - it was doing very well all winter and then suddenly I got a pretty significant number of dry yellow leaves and now maybe 50% of the green ones are developing this black border.
{{gwi:233045}}From Plant Diagnosis

Does anyone have any ideas? I tried to search for an answer but most everything came back with "black spot" which I don't believe this is.

Thanks

Comments (10)