SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacquie1962_gw

What do I do now? I'm very sad!

jacquie1962
15 years ago

My pond was looking so beautiful recently. Crystal clear water, very little string algae, lots of large lily pads and gorgeous water lilies. My water hyacinths were big and beautiful with lots of pretty purple flowers. Everything was perfect until yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, we experienced the most horrendous hail storm that I ever experienced. 15 minutes of continuous grape sized to golf ball sized hail stones. At times it was coming down so heavy it looked like we were having a blizzard. When all was done, all my flowerpots gardens were destroyed our trees and shrubs have about half the amount of leaves on them and my pond looks like a tossed green salad.

Everything in the pond is shredded. My lilies are totally destroyed. They have just little pieces of pads still attached to the stems. Will they be able to recuperate?

The water hyacinth are completed ripped up and the hail even killed one of my baby fish.

Do you think the plants will recover? Should I leave the damaged plants in or will they rot and foul up the water.

Luckily, I'm off from work today, so I'll be scooping out broken leave and flowers that are just floating around on the surface. But I'm really worried that it's too late in the season for the lilies to recover and then be able to over winter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County