SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

A few Maintence questions and new planting?

rjinga
16 years ago

I could sure use some advice on the proper timing for pruning my existing roses that were planted this year. Up til just about a month ago, I had a good amount of green folliage (I also had some black spot, but I have not sprayed for awhile now but I did spray regularly til about November or so)...of course we have had several freezes since then and now things appear more dormant?

Should I be stripping off old leaves and pruning now? and adding mulch?

Also some of the box stores have already set out bare root roses for sale. Can they be planted now?

I found a bunch of hybrid tea rose varities at a Big Lot's store for $3 each. All of these have what appears to be quite healthy and well developed canes. Dark green canes and very nice looking. I found the following: Peace, Chicago Peace, Pink Peace, Sterling Silver, Tallisman, Goldilocks, Chrysler Imperial, Yankee doodle, Eclipse, Golden Masterpiece, Govenor Rosellini, Red Radiance!!

And they had even more varieties than that....I've never seen this many choices at the box stores....So I'm really hoping for the best in these and I am very excited about them. Any tips on the best way to get these going would be greatly appreciated.

I also just recently completed my GH so if potting them up for the time being would be better, I have a place to keep them.

Comments (3)