SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesunflower_gw

Bald Eagles, am I doomed?

bluesunflower
14 years ago

I live on the side of a mountain 1,000 ft up, Washington state. There are bald eagles here and in the past I have enjoyed watching them overhead but always off to the side a good distance. Lots of fun for me but now today I saw a bald eagle scoping the place out directly overhead and very low. My fish are still very small and just goldfish at that so not big atrractors yet and not much monetary investment. (that's supposed to ease my pain right?)

We have had the big pond (14,000 gal) up and running since last August and the little pond (100 gal) going months earlier. It has been unusually hot and dry this year and I do mean very hot and dry. It could be the bird was just looking for water and on one hand would be super cool but then on the other hand have I just bought a fish dinner for the Eagle?

Oh, I do not have any netting over the pond. Never seen a heron up here. Yes, I do know they fly. We have outside cats and two large very good watch dogs who are just about always outside. -but yeah, no netting.

Are my fishes doomed?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting