SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysbelle_gw

Skippy filter size questions

kaysbelle
16 years ago

I have a small pond (800 gallons)with a 500 gph pump which has a diverter and a fountain head. I built an "adams filter" for the submersible pump four days ago and a "skippy filter" about the size of a five gallon bucket about three weeks ago. The diverter goes to the "skippy filter" and runs down the stream and the fountain is bubbling just below the surface of the water, keeping the water moving and adding oxygen. My water was still green - to which I have added parrots feather, anarachis(sp) and water hyacinths within the last week. So far I have cleaned the "adams filter" every other day and it is FULL. The water still has a green tint to it and quite a lot of suspended "stuff" in it, which is mostly dirt from the rocks around the edges. My scrubbies in the "skippy filter" have some stuff attached, looks like a mix of dirt and algae. My question is: 1. Do you think the skippy filter is big enough? and 2. I'm going to start cleaning the "adams filter" every day to eliminate as much floating particles as possible. Is there any thing I should add to the pond to help clear it up and keep it clean? Any advise would be greatly appreciated to this new ponder. What about bacteria helper? Algae clear? etc.

Comments (2)