SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrism_gw

New to Ponding

chrism
16 years ago

I've been reading this forum for a while and there is tons of good information! I installed a small pre-formed 35 gallon pond earlier in the summer. I like it but now I have the bug and want a bigger pond with a waterfall. I just had a patio installed so I would like to build this new pond closer to that. In looking at information on how to go about building this I have a question. Is it possible to somehow use my 35 gallon pond as a raised pond and have a waterfall come out of that into a bigger pond? The new pond would be something like 6' x 6' only 2' deep tops. Would I just have to get a waterfall kit to add to that smaller pond or is there a better way? My original thoughts were to leave the smaller pond and put in the new pond and build a low simple waterfall but now I'm thinking of how I can use the 35 gallon to enhance the new one I would like to put in. The new pond would be using a liner instead of preform and I'm really not looking to add fish, possibly a couple gold fish next summer but mostly I would just have plants.

Thanks!

Chris

Comments (4)