SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dasheen_gw

Please please help with snake problem

dasheen
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as the saying goes. The problem is that I have installed a pond net over my little pond to keep the seemingly hundreds of bird species, also raccoons, and other wildlife that live in my yard from destroying my pond. Well, the pond net worked. No raccoon has ever destroyed my plants and pump this year. The problem is that the pond net has an evil side, it catches snake after snake after snake...garter snakes of all sizes and patterns. I have spent almost the entire summer cutting injured snakes (the net is very strong and tears at their flesh and scales)out of the net. So far I have discovered one dead snake after coming home from work...trapped in the net of course. Yesterday, I rescued another one from the net, but this time instead of letting him go in my yard so he could go back in the net, I took him to a local park near a river. Any suggestions for keeping snakes alive and my pond protected at the same time would be welcomed. I live near parks and other large green spaces so I have a lot of wildlife and my pond, water plants, frogs and fish need to be kept proteced from predators. Help!

Dasheen

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County