SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agtjenny24

starting Peppers/Tomatoes from seed now

AgtJenny24
12 years ago

Obviously this is the first year I'm growing from seed... have radishes, lettuce and chard starting up in containers in the back... and well I only just decided to get peppers bc I saw black/purple peppers on a website and decided to order the seeds... so hopefully the seeds will arrive this week, and I will make a mad dash to grow out pepper plants and try to transplant sometime in June... am I crazy? lol...

From what I've read, I probably won't be able to get too many harvests... but I intend to speed up germination by paper towel method then put under some shop/table lights... the seeds I got all say 75 day maturity so I assume there's still a chance, if not, I'll remember to try earlier next year. Weather in NYC has been quite weird lately, we didn't even have snow this winter... so maybe I'll get a longer growing season this year.

Ironically, I think I started my zucchini seeds just a tad too early... hope the rain these past few days didn't make the seeds rot in the container >.Any suggestions/tips I can do at this point other than hope?

Comments (6)