SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
destinee242

Gardening Newbie.HELP!!!!

destinee242
12 years ago

So I am pretty much a first time gardener.I have tried and failed a few times before and I dont know what I did wrong.I had spent all this money on plants and the only one that was successful each time were tomatoes.The only tomatoes that grew in the ground were cherry ones and the others I grew in pots from plants started from a nursery.I had planted the other stuff(cukes,zuchini,summer squash) in a little area close to the house so I'm not sure if the soil was bad or what.The flowers came then died.This year I want to go all out and be able to live off my own produce but I don't want to waste my money again by resulting in failure.I have a huge yard,part with a hill and a lower field next to a brook.I bought some soil and started a lot of the seeds in pods.I want to grow peppers,cucumbers,melons,tomatoes, lettuce,herbs and pumpkins.I really want zucchini,summer squash,onions and corn too but I feel like I'd realllly fail at those.Helpppp! I just don't know what I am doing wrong and I want a garden so bad! There's no classes around here to learn and no one that I know gardens.

-Clueless in MA

Comments (4)