SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanbachman_gw

Light pink old rose, what is it?

SusanBachman
11 years ago

Please help me identify this old rose. I found it at a farm several years ago and propagated it from a cutting. It is has rather small blooms in a blush color. I believe it reblooms. The flowers come in clusters. The petals do not last long. It does have a nice fragrance. ItâÂÂs canes stick up all over the place, some are stiff, some are weak. It has shiny green leaves. Thank you for your help.

To: Lola-Lemon
Height: I keep it pruned, but in this picture it is 3-4 feet. When I found it at a farm, it was growing in a bush and very tall single cane, over 6 feet.

No winter die back.
Pruning: Yes I prune it because it is near the house and gets to big. Probably should be in another spot where it can spread out.

It is on the East side of the house and gets morning sun.

The thorns are not terribly big. How far down they go depends on the cane. The lower foot or so do not have thorns.

I do not think it suckers.

I think it looks like Van Fleet, and now that someone mentioned that name my mom remembers my grandmother saying that name. So that is a possibility. I will check the thorns on the rose. I guess they are medium size. The thorns are not large like on the Miss All-American Beauty.

This post was edited by SusanBachman on Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 14:47

Comments (14)