SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
efini13

germinating aloe dichotoma?

efini13
16 years ago

Anyone have any experience with this? I got five seeds to grow small roots between two damp paper towels. Once I transplanted them into soil they seemed to grow pretty good. Two died, I think from rot. It looked like it had just fallen over. And two more died from unknown reasons. The last one was doing pretty good for about two months. It got to be about 3 inches tall and started growing a new leaf. It was still covered in saran wrap. A few days ago I saw what looked like white mold on the surface of the soil and at the base of the plant. I then sprayed it with diluted hydrogen peroxide and seemed to do a good job of killing the mold without harming the plant, I think, heh. A couple days later and it is starting to look like the end of the larger leaf is drying out. the soil is still a little moist. I don't know what I should do. Does anyone know where I might be able to get some good information on early care of these plants? I don't know much about any of this yet, a new hobby for me. Any help is appreciated.

Comment (1)