SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mfaye84_gw

Purple Stem, Small Green Leaf House Plant

mfaye84
11 years ago

I bought this gorgeous plant at the Dallas Farmer's Market but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. When I saw it I just fell in love despite the condition it was in, and because of that condition I got it very discounted. I was so excited but soon realized, after I had traveled back home, that I don't think I even asked nor was told what it actually was. I do not have the greenest thumb and therefore know I definitely need to identify it so I can bring it back to life. It was so beautiful but I had to prune it severely to get most of the dead out from underneath.

Now remember I do not have much of a green thumb so I am not very knowledgeable in the plant lingo so please bare with me as I try my best to describe it.

It has purple stems/vines with tiny leaves that start out purplish as well but turn green the more they develop, but the leaves are very tiny even at maturity as you can see in the photo (I can send more photos if anyone is more curious).

It is a very lush plant. It was very full when I bought it.

Not sure whether it is a high light, indirect light, or shade plant but I can verify that it was hanging outside when I purchased it and it was at least half dead.

I can't say whether it is vine or spreading on ground or upright but it was in a hanging planter and it was draping, but I don't know if that was due to how full its body was so the weight brought it down or if it just drapes naturally but it is very beautiful this way.

So please if any body can give me some insight into it or point me in the direction of someone who can I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank y'all for y'alls time. God Bless

Comments (6)