SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Whiteheads? Do my koi have teen acne? Carp pox? What now? LOL

ademink
14 years ago

A few of my koi have bumps on their fins - maybe a couple have them on their body....so hard to see as they zoom by at 50mph. (Some of them lose scales here and there that look like white bumps but are actually just a "dead" zone on their color pattern).

Anyway, the ones on the fins are definitely there. They look like a whitehead or something...I don't see any red...just a white bump about the size of a BB...maybe a little bigger.

The spots don't look like salt - as ich is described. I also don't see a worm coming out of any of the bumps like anchor worm. Doesn't look like fish lice from what I can see either - no greenish cast, etc.

I am stumped...? Could this be carp pox? Some folks say it is common, others say it isn't.

They are wildly active, as usual, and all are eating fine....like little pigs, really. :)

I have been watching for flashing but haven't seen any. I have had two koi jump up in the water and splash down in the last few days when I was outside. I have read that isn't "normal" but I would have to disagree. I have seen occurences of it in my pond in the last 5 years when there were no issues. One of the monsters that splashed has no signs of these "pimples".

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Andrea

Comments (7)