SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magnoliasouth

Whole mess of unknowns!

magnoliasouth
16 years ago

Color me gardeningly challenged. I posted last week a photo of a mystery flower and mentioned then that I had plenty more plants that needed ID.

You see, I'm new to both owning a home and gardening. I've waited years and years to finally have a house to call my very own, and now I've finally done it. That said, I don't know a thing about trees, shrubbery, flowers, or even weeds!

The previous owner didn't provide us with any information on what plants are on the property. I spent a whole day taking pictures and posting them online, and I have a gallery at picasa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/magnoliasouth/MysteryPlants

But if that's too much trouble, here is a quick rundown of my mystery plants and if you click on the thumbnail, you'll get a larger picture...

#1 Is this a weed? If so, what is it? It's actually very pretty, but it's growing up within some of the shrubbery.

{{gwi:312068}}

#2 This is a branch that came off during a storm the other day. It belongs to a very tall tree, and I've got what seems like dozens of those particular trees. Any clues as to what kind of trees they are?

{{gwi:312069}}

#2 Again. This is what that branch belongs to, just in case you need to see the bark or what have you.

{{gwi:312070}}

#3 Now this is a eucalyptus, but I'm trying to figure out what type it is. Maybe it doesn't matter all that much, but I was stunned to hear the number of eucalyptus plants that live out there.

{{gwi:312071}}

#3 Again, the bark.

{{gwi:312072}}

#4 Now is this a Crepe Myrtle?

{{gwi:312073}}

#4 Again, the foliage up close.

{{gwi:312074}}

#5 This is what I believe to be an aloe plant, but I wanted verification. It's in the strangest place, right in the middle of the yard!

{{gwi:312076}}

#6 I'm 99% sure that this is an uninvited vining weed, but just want to be 100% sure. If so, what is it and any advice on ridding myself of it?

{{gwi:312078}}

Phew! That's it so far and any identification, tips or whatever are going to be so very appreciated. You've NO idea.

Comments (12)