SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenmama613

First time using newspaper pots, mold on them!!

gardenmama613
12 years ago

Hi, I decided to try out making newspaper pots to start seeds this year. I purchased plastic flats and dome lids at fleet farm to put them all in. A week ago I started Petunias in them, and last night I discovered that I have what appears to be white mold growing on the outsides of the newspaper pots. I have been careful not to water too much, as this was something that caused me to lose a lot of seedlings last year(which was my first year starting seeds). But my newspaper pots have remained very damp even though my soil is not over wet nor over watered. I realized by doing some searching through the forums a bit ago that I should have poked holes in my lid or left it off all together... Lesson learned for the next batch that gets planted I guess. But now I am wondering can I save what I have? Should I re-pot them now? CAN I re-pot them? Most have barely sprouted out of the seed starting mix. I do not see any of the mold or fungus or whatever it is on the soil, but a lot of the pots have it on the sides. Please tell me they're not doomed :(

Comments (6)