SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nohandle

slow growing seedlings

nohandle
18 years ago

I started some morning glory and moonflower seeds exactly two weeks ago. They all sprouted within a few days and most of the morning glories and a few of the moonflowers are starting to show their first true leaves. I'm just surprised at how slow they are progressing as these leaves have been showing for days now, but have barely grown. They are all in my basement getting 16 hr light/8 hr dark from a pair of 4' 6500K fluorescents. They are a little on the cool side, between 60-65 F and approx. 40% relative humidity. I haven't fertilized yet.

I don't necessarily want them to grow too fast as I think I started them a little early. I just want to know if the reason they are growing slowly is because of the temperature and not because I'm doing something wrong. Or is this just how they grow?

If and when I want them to grow faster, should I put a space heater nearby?....and what temp. should I be shooting for?

When is the latest I should fertilize?

Also, they are all still in Jiffy pellets. When should I be potting them up?

Thanks. A lot of questions, I know, but as you can probably tell, this is my first time.

Comments (2)