SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

I,m giving a workshop, again.

sleeplessinftwayne
14 years ago

I have made this request before and some but not all of the answers I got were totally not helpful. I thought I would try again this year to get your opinions because I do want to teach to the point. I must have done something right the last time because they asked me back. I want the people who are paying to take the class to leave with the enthusiasm to design and build their own water garden no matter their space and financial restrictions. We are not going to build a pond. This is strictly an entry level class/workshop.

My first question is what do you think is the most important thing you need to know when you construct a watergarden?

The following are suggestions to stimulate your thinking process. I know you are likely to be an expert so don't hesitate to add something. Just remember I have only 2 hours.

container

water quality: pumps, filters, aerator

plants: which work, suitability to container, size

maintenance: cleaning,

fish: what kind, how many

size

problems: insects, plants dying, water odors, fish dying

What would you expect to take away from the class in the way of printed info., plants, etc.?

If you have a photo on the forum may I print it out for free to use as an example? Pictures are worth a thousand words and recently I have been prone to attacks of laryngitis. Thank you, Sandy

Comments (20)