SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morningluna

I know nothing and I'm ashamed to admit it...lol

morningluna
15 years ago

Here's my pond so far. I just decided I wanted one and started digging a hole Here's the hole
{{gwi:210642}}

I'm a "recycler", so I have a couple of ideas. I had a 3 ft. above ground soft side swimming pool. the liner was all one piece and it hung from the metal frame. The pool is actually what got me started on the pond. I wanted to take it down, and when deciding how to recycle the whole thing, I thought of the pond. I cut the bottom out of the pool and I am hoping to use that for the pond liner....Is that ok? It is white on one side and is white on the other side with blue designs. Not the typical black...so I wasn't sure. I cut the sides off in pieces and was planning to use those as underlayment, again.....ok?

I think the pump from the pool will be too powerful to use. It pumps 800 gallons of water an hour...

The area gets sun from 9 ish to 2 ish

Now, about plants/animals. I have no idea what kinds of plants I want to use yet, although I know I want some sort of arbor (if that's the correct word) either over it or behind it kind of like a screen. I want Clematis on that, along with anything that looks good with Clematis :).

I would like to have bamboo, but I live in West Virginia, and I don't know how possible it is, nor have I done any research, I literally just decided to dig and began digging..lol

I would love it if frogs come to it, but with cats and dogs I'm leaning away from fish. Is there a certain plant frogs like?

I'm chock full of questions...hopefully not enough to drive you guys insane. I'm new by the way, my name is Stacy :)

Comments (9)