SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

designing a system, tons of questions???

16 years ago

I'll start by saying - not a fish pond - bears and liners are not compatable

Elevation is about 10' from waterfall to pond level

Stream is 4'w and 38' long

Pond is 12'x14' and 3' deep

I can't really vary these things as the client has already had the excavation done to his specs. I realize the width of the stream is problematic and it's causing me pump sizing fears.

My calculations are that I will have 17' of head.

that I need 5000 to 6000 GPH to fill the stream.

System will be around 10,000 gal total and it will likely circ half or more every hour????

does anyone spot a flaw in this? or am I just questioning myself too much? Or am I completely off the mark?

Pumps, Aquascape designs quoted 2 tsurumi 8pn 50pn2.75s (wow those are expensive!) and that bumps me up in skimmer size (another ridiculously priced item)

My own research has me looking at the Calpump T10,000. I see it can be used externally or submerged but it has no primer pot so does gravity feed when external? what is better? watts don't go down with the external app so why do it as opposed to say a Pondmaster 7020 external which should save the client in energy costs.

For external pumps, do I pump out the back of the skimmer, through the pump and up to the filter falls?

Does anyone have opinions to share on Atlantic skimmers and biofalls?

anyone want to tell me yea or nay on certain suppliers... and no I'm not buying through ADI (I'm not crazy)

Comments (2)