SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pikecoe

Okay, everyone, now I need your best guess

pikecoe
16 years ago

I am out of town. My daughter is taking care of things while I am away. She just called and said "YOU HAVE A BABY" She saw an orange baby about 1/2 to 1 inch long dart into the hyacinths in the (Bog Filter). The puzzle: My bog filter has 1 ton of gravel in the bottom. The water is pulled from the bottom of my pond goes through the Priming Pot with basket then through the pump through the bottom of the bog filter and up through the gravel and then flows back into the pond via a spillway. I have not taken anything, plants, etc from the pond and put into the filter. I just know a baby fish could not survive that trip. Could an egg or eggs make the trip?? I have a net over the pond and know that a bird or predator couldn't have made the transfer. My filter is just about over run with the hyacinths that I got from the river. The river doesn't have (orange) fish. Can't wait to get home to check for more babies. I may be looking for homes after all. By the way I put Halloween back into the pond after it recuperated in the aquarium from it's being beat up by the males or whatever. "She's doing great". Glenda

Comments (3)