SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vtskiers

October 9th and not too shabby, eh?

Sue W (CT zone 6a)
17 years ago

Since I'm attempting to be prudent and rest my cold infected body, I decideded to forego the usual Monday night workout for some garden strolling and picture taking. The weather couldn't have been better today-sunny and upper 70s F. Tomorrow the cold air blows back in. At this time of year, days like this are numbered.

After a few attempts, Aster 'Lady in Black' has finally delivered the goods.

{{gwi:184596}}

The new additon to the Knockout rose series, 'Home Run'. I like the red color better. It's definitely living up to the Knockout name...no blackspot. All the Salvia 'Black & Blue' you see here reseeded from last year.

{{gwi:184597}}

Here is a plant Monique turned me onto a few years ago, Gentiana scabra. What a beauty! No late season garden should be without it.

{{gwi:184599}}

I just recently noticed how big and beautiful this Begonia grandis has grown and moved the potted Caladium in there. Next year I plan to further capitalize on this late season color blast.

{{gwi:184601}}

Zoe on the patio. She must be showing me what she considers her best side. Why won't my dogs look at a camera?

{{gwi:184602}}

This white Brug has been a workhorse all season. Notice the great fall color of the small Oxydendron.

{{gwi:184603}}

Another reseeded treasure with a Dahlia Bishop of Landalf gone wild.

{{gwi:184604}}

So, there you have it. Deanne will be here on Saturday and we'll start dismantling some of the containers. I'm still watering all the pots at least every other night. Soon it will time to rest.

Sue

Comments (25)