SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodikay_gw

help! too many frogs

jodikay
14 years ago

Please advise. My mom has a pond about 10'L x 7'w x 25" deep max, that circulates into a stream that flows back down into the pond. The last couple of years she has had so many frogs and tadpoles that they are clogging up all of her filters which than causes the pump to stop working as no water gets through the filters. The frogs don't get into the pump. There is about a 5 acre lake about 80' away from her pond. She is so frustrated with cleaning her filters constantly and I think has had to replace the pump at least once. Is there anything she can do? She was thinking of just having a pond with no circulating water with just a geyser type thing in the middle; or just filling it in and forgetting having a pond all together. I am not sure having just a pond would prevent her getting frogs. And I hate to see her fill it in. She really enjoys it when it works (don't we all). She did have some fish at one time. If she put them back in would that make a difference? Or does being so close to the lake mean she will continue to have too many frogs? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jodi in MN

Comments (8)