SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xmpraedicta

Your most regretful non-purchase

xmpraedicta
16 years ago

Have you ever not bought a plant at a society meeting or sale, only to regret the decision severely, even months (or even years) later?

This happened to me recently, and I have not been able to stop thinking about it for the last 3 days. I went to my orchid society meeting last Sunday and I saw an orchid for sale. It was on the members sale table, and didn't look like it was in fantastic shape even though it was blooming. It was an aerangis kirkii, and I now realize that the bronze colored leaves which I thought were dead are actually typical. It was so cute, with 2 star shaped flowers, and was $18 which was definitely affordable. Anyway, I passed up on the opportunity to buy this plant, and instead settled for a dendrobium kingianum 'alba' for ten bucks (I only brought 20 dollars - on purpose - so getting both was out of the question)

And now I realize that I may have made the biggest mistake in my entire life. At first it was a slight nagging feeling, so I casually looked online at some vendors in my area to see if anyone carried this aerangis. Nope. The nagging started growing louder. I started looking up pictures of this plant. And now I am completely and utterly obsessed with this plant that I can no longer obtain. I don't think I've ever regretted not making a plant purchase this much in my entire life! I mean, I probably wouldn't be able to provide ideal conditions for it anyway, but with the recent enlightenment of artificial lighting and climate control, I am suffering slightly from a bought of 'anything's possible!' syndrome.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced something similar - ie regretting a decision to not buy a plant, and passing by a fantastic opportunity? :(

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm