SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dark_moon_gw

AHHHHH!!!!! Milt. Bert field 'Eileen' fell today...

dark_moon
16 years ago

i need help! an "unamed" family member of mine knocked my faveirot miltoniopsis over and out of the pot. it has no new growth and it is not in bloom or spike. will it be alright??? what should i do??? I am soooo scared for it.

Comments (5)

• jane__ny
    16 years ago

Stick it back in the pot. I'm always knocking something over.

Don't worry about it.

Jane

• dark_moon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

Feel your pain, literally. I was dunking my plants today and dropped a 8" clay pot (and dend) filled with lava rock on my foot.

You may have some broken or bruised leaves, but I imagine it'll be fine. Judging by the way some of my plants act, your plant may not have been hit by a family member: it may just be suicidal.

Stacy

• mehitabel
    16 years ago

What Jane said. I knock things over all the time, too. I try to limit it to no more than three new messes a day.

However, I have managed to avoid dropping anything on my feet so far by adroitly jumping back just in time :)

• whitecat8
    16 years ago

Often, it feels worse for the person than it is for the plant.

Late one night last winter, I didn't notice DH had put the dog gate on a higher step on the stairs and tumbled with the potted, in-sheath Brassavola nodosa in one hand and a bowl w/ water and soaking bark in the other.

Everything went everywhere. One of the leaves that was in sheath bit the dust, but the other 3 bloomed.

A few nights ago, I knocked over the in-bloom Paph spicerianum. Ack. The flower has a little brown spot on it now but otherwise is fine.

In between, there have been several spills, and nothing seems much worse off.

Hang in there, Whitecat8