SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitecat8

Bc. Ethyle 'Bill Teele' - longing, lusting, languishing

whitecat8
13 years ago

Anyone have a clue where to find one of these?

While researching Euchile citrina, which had become an obsession, I ran across a picture of Bc Ethyle 'Bill Teele' on this forum from a couple of years back.

Instant obsession substitution. A forum member named Chryss had posted the shot below. The thread is the only online reference I can find.

{{gwi:200253}}

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/orchidsgal/msg1015355828156.html

Chryss hasn't responded - maybe the address isn't current. So, I have questions about culture and eventual size of the plant. Anyone have info?

Thanks, Wondrous Whitecat8

Here is a link that might be useful: Euchile citrina

Comments (5)

• Sheila
    13 years ago

It looks like a Richard Mueller cross. Probably a compact size catt that would once mature bloom 2-3 times a year. It sure is pretty!

• arthurm
    13 years ago

Here is a picture of a close relative that is probably easier to find. Easy to grow, fairly compact and makes multiple leads.

Bl. Yellow Bird (seedling)

{{gwi:200254}}

• ifraser25
    13 years ago

BC Binosa is also very similar. It's one of the commonest hybrids. - Ian.

• Sheila
    13 years ago

I love Yellow Bird. I had a plant a few years back. After opening with that pink tinge, the blooms would mature to a dark golden yellow and the spots became even darker. Once again I'm growing a seedling plant, thx to a trade with Nick :)

• whitecat8
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Knowing hybrids are common helps. There are many similar orchids out there, but almost none of'em do it for me - most have green leaves, and the spotting is bright pink.

Maybe it's the lighting in Chryss's picture, but the subtlety of the coloring is lovely.

You've put me on the right trail, and I'll keep looking.