SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanserrackd

I'm in Norway...very interesting!

Susan Serra
17 years ago

We have the opportunity, given to us by a close acquaintance, to be in Norway to attend the final concert for the Nobel Peace Prize. We may also be able to attend the press conference with the artists. The main reason we went is that we get to spend some quality time with our daughter, who we invited, plus combined with this opportunity to attend the concert, was a no brainer.

We got here on Wednesday and our daughter got here yesterday. let me tell you....dawn is at 9:03 am and sunset is a little after 3 pm. It's pitch black at 3:30. It's been very gloomy the whole time! AND, it's the most expensive city in the world! We just got done having a chicken caeser salad and a diet coke, each of us, and the bill was about $65! Cab rides are $20 plus, so we do a lot of walking. It's crazy.

So, just ten minutes ago, as we walked up to our room, who gets in the elevator wiht us but Wynnona and her family. She's larger than life (long, red hair), she asked our names several times and where we lived. We were suckers for being star struck, she was so gracious! She's in the line up at the concert.

Sharon Stone and Angeica Houston are the hosts for the concert. I hope to get some pictures! More later....

Here is a link that might be useful: Nobel Institute Concert

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals