SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shivab_gw

New Pond, need advice on filter

shivab
16 years ago

I just got a new pond installed about 3 weeks back. It is a rectangular pond with about 350 gallons of water. Right after about 2 weeks my water started turning green. The guy who installed my pond looks like just put in a used pump and cut out a sponge and stuck it around the pump.

I am assuming that that my pond turned green so quick because of the quick and dirty job that was done with the pump and the filter. After reading about a few filers I am inclined to think that UV filters help keep the water clear. Am I right?

I did a thorough cleaning of my pond now and I am looking for a good filter before I put the water, fishes, and the plants back in. When I searched for filters online I came across two that I liked. One is called Cyprio EasyClear which has everything in it. It has a pump, biological filter and a UV filter. The other one that I liked was a 3 in 1 filter by this company called FishMate, model# AN-226. Anybody has any thoughts on these or any other filters - or any recomendations? I will appreciate all your replies.

Thanks.

Comment (1)