SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

pond woes ;-(

Calamity_J
11 years ago

I am sooo bummed out! The 3rd year of having my 6w x 10l x3.5d pond, started off with a bad case of string algae, so I added pond clean. Then decided to change the bulb in the filter. Well the filter bulb casing busted and I needed to get that part(Good thing that the pond store even had the cyprio parts I needed!). So then hauled out the basket/milkcrate setup I have for my waterlilies( I have straight sides all around my pond, no shelves for plants.) All the time, wondering where the heck are my 18 fancy goldfish(Yes I count!)I figured some kids who had been playing with the pond during a dinner party, had scared them and they were hiding....no fish? Just 2> 1 inch ones??? So last night after dinner, I decide I am going to drain the pond and clean it....maybe the muck on the bottom(no bottom drain as suggested here) is hiding the fish...ya. Get the 1600 gallons drained...no fish? BUT the side of my pond where I have sand bags as a partial retaining wall are caving in!!! With all my waterfall and heavy rocks all sliding down the liner...arg!!! OMG! No fish, a slimy mess, and a caved in massive amount of work to do.....I'm so bummed! And what the heck got at my fish!? grrr.

{{gwi:198579}}

Comments (14)