SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jalal_gw

Temporary Pond filtration/pump help

jalal
17 years ago

About a week ago I posted regarding problems with getting my Sequence pump replaced under warranty. Current status is Canadian Pond co waiting for a replacement seal as MDM insists that will fix the problem even though Canadian co told them the shaft is bent on the pump. At any rate it will be another two weeks before I get my pump back or more if I have to get a new one.

In the meantime my fish are still in the garage, water lilies are growing in the pond but I have no filtration going or pump. My setup has a retro bd to a 300 gal sc. From the sc it plumbed to the external pump and up to the biofalls/skippy filter. I have one large bag of filter media (net bag full of about 100 scrubbies) in the pond that is growing algae all over the bag. I do have a 1950 gph submersible pump. I also have matala mats that fit into the 3 ft square settling chamber. Would it be feasable to put this filter media in the sc and the submersible pump (in a milk crate to keep from sucking up the filter media)drawing water through the bottom drain and use the discharge hose on the submersible up over the pond edge and back into the pond?

I'm not that worried about putting the fish back in the pond as the water temp in their tank in the garage is only 55F but I would like to get the pond running and could move some of the fish out just to get the pond cycling again.

Thanks for your suggestions. I am frustrated with this warranty thing and so is the Canadian co as we had arranged this exchange in the fall. Unfortunately the guy we arranged it with is no longer with MDM and the new guy is balking at replacing the pump.

Comment