SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diane_nj

Online Takeaway - GRRRR

16 years ago

OK, I'm not much of a complainer (well, OK), but this time I have to vent a little.

After being sucked in by the advertising, I attempted to place an online take out order with a certain "down under" themed restaurant this evening. Selected the items, received the confirmation e-mail with time to show up at the location (~10 minute drive). Get there a few minutes past the time (street fair in town hard to get across today). Person brings out order for customer waiting then asks my name (the online order asks for car info!). Goes back in. Tick, tick, tick (I knew it wasn't going to be good...). Person comes back out. "Could it have been ordered under another name?" WHAT, LIKE MARGE BOUVIER SIMPSON???? (through gritted teeth) "No. Do you need my phone number?" "Oh, no." Goes back in. Another car drives up (big fancy Caddy SUV), a different person brings his order right out to "Tom". 8 more minutes, first person comes out with order card in his hand. Mind you, Sunday evening, the parking lot is packed (it always is). "We never received your order. I can take it now." "No." "Are you sure?" "NO THANK YOU" Diane drives off, guy in SUV (WHO HAS HIS FOOD) looks puzzled.

Now, I KNOW it would have taken 40 minutes or more to wait, the initial wait time was 30 minutes. IF they had offered a "free dessert" (not equivalent to my gas and time) or "free appetizer" or discount off of my order or free drink while I waited at the bar, then I MIGHT HAVE placed the order and waited. BUT THEY DIDN'T OFFER ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!!

Complaint e-mail already sent. I can see if I never received a "confirmation". But, the "confirmation" should NEVER BE SENT to the customer until the RESTAURANT HAS PICKED UP THE ORDER AND VERIFIED IT. OR TELL THE CUSTOMER TO WAIT UNTIL A SECOND E-MAIL WITH THE STORE CONFIRMATION IS RECEIVED. Now, I'm just waiting for a phone call later this evening "reminding me that my order is ready". And at that time I'll ask to speak to the manager.

GRRRRRRRRR!!! WHERE IS MY BOOMERANG????

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!