SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rideauroselad

New Roses, New Blooms

I'm quite pleased with some of the new roses I am trialing this year so far.

I have been hearing good things about some of the newer Kordes Roses, small, compact, very healthy, good rebloom and antique looking flowers. I am trialing two, Caramel Fairytale and Antique Caramel. I like both, but Antique Caramel is a standout. Very healthy, vigorous, and gorgeous old fashioned looking blooms on an upright plant.

{{gwi:216571}}

Caramel Antique, second flush, new bloom just opening,

{{gwi:216572}}

Caramel Antique, fully opened bloom

{{gwi:216573}}

Teasing Georgia, very healthy, now three years old, long lax canes that bloomed on the ends for the first flush. I cut them back about one third, though and the second flush is on breaking laterals. The plant is now much more compact and upright after cutting it back. This one strikes me as one that would be a fabulous climber espaliered on a fence or pegged down to get laterals to break in a warmer climate where you would have old wood each spring.

{{gwi:216574}}

Orange Ruggles, another Brownell treasure. I found this plant in a local nursery where it had been languishing for several years. I can not find a supplier for many of the Brownells in Canada, so this was one of those fabulous, exciting finds, like Christmas in July. I saw the blooms and bought the plant instantly. This photo does not do it justice, but I wanted to post a photo, though the light was not good when I took the shot.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers, Rideau Rose Lad, aka Rick

Comments (4)