SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Connie's roses and ?s

bettyd_z7_va
13 years ago

I took far too few pictures at Connie's open garden day when she so graciously opened her garden for a wonderful get together. I was too busy wandering around with my mouth hanging open or trying to learn all I could about OGRs from everyone. (Who all knew more than I did!)

To see some fabulous shots of her garden you can check out her blog hartwoodroses@blogspot.com

The pictures I did take are blurry because I was so excited I forgot to change my camera setting to get clearer pictures. I could kick myself!

This rose reminds me of golden wings, but is such a beautiful pink color. Couldn't find a name tag, so please help me out. I have to have this rose!

{{gwi:212904}}

DH fell hard for the only 2 others that we couldn't find the name tags for. There were so many of us talking that I couldn't bring myself to drag Connie away from her other guests to ask the names, so I will ask now.....

Connie, these were side-by-side just down from Double Delight. Please share their names. Both of them are beautiful and I want to add them to Alfred's wish list. After all, Father's Day is here!.....

{{gwi:212905}}

{{gwi:212906}}

I think these were both in the HT section of your display garden. If you don't have them ready to sell, please start me one of each as well as the 'Black Ice' that he fell in love with. And don't forget the pretty pink one above!

I AM NOT a HT grower. My love is reserved for OGRs, but if he gets hooked on roses, he will be happier while I'm spending so many $$$$s on roses if I buy a few for him!!

I am still very new at this, so I need ALL of the details I can get about these roses that will be coming here to live.

Can y'all help an addict out? :)

Please forgive the blurry/out of focus pictures. I must take a class this winter to learn how to use my camera correctly!

I could have just e-mailed her, but I wanted to share these with everyone as well as learn as much as possible about them. I'm in Central Va. ( I know, I know, Black Spot capitol of the world)

I've learned so much from the years of lurking here and want to take the time to thank you all for sharing beautiful pictures (not blurry like mine) of your roses and gardens as well as so much information on their individual habits and needs.

Betty

PS- Almost forgot... Does anyone have Rhode Island Red? What can you tell me about it's needs and habits?

Connie, you have it on your arcade. BEAUTIFUL!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm