SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Feeder Fish Day

newyorkrita
16 years ago

Went to PetCo and bought 2 dozen Rosey Red Minnows and 1 dozen small feeder Goldfish today. Have the bags floating in my 35 gallon above ground pond now. Going to put a dozen each of the Rosey Reds in each of my two 35 gallon ponds and most of the Feeder Goldfish in the above ground one but try some in the newer in ground also.

I bought the smaller of the feeeder size goldfish available plus I made the guy pick out the smaller ones instead of just whatever they scooped up in the net.

Even if I really goofed and its too cold or something and they all die, I would loose a whooping $3.00.

Then I think its too shady in the above ground for underwater plants and I know its no use putting them in the shallow one (racoons) so I thought I would try some plastic Parrot Feather that they make for Aquariums. Bought that at PetCo too. The back of the package said make realisic displays and easy matenience but let me tell you no matter how much I look at it, it looks like a plastic plant to me. Maybe the realism comes if your water turns pea soup green and you can't tell what you have in there. I just thought the fish would like it.

Now to hope the racoons don't decide to fish it out of the pond.

Comments (19)