SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Any Tips for Trip? Bicycles, London?

:)

I'm solidifying the trip to Oxford and London in August. We are staying at the cutest place before my Exam in Oxford!!

{{gwi:204260}}

http://www.doghouse.tablesir.com

"The name of the hotel has rather an unusual origin. In days gone by, wealthy farming gentry sent their offspring to be educated in Oxford and would arrive there complete with their horses and hunting dogs. The Colleges allowed their students to stable horses but not the dogs! Alas, with nowhere else to house the animals, the proprietor of the local inn offered an invaluable 'dog sitting' service and the venue became known as the Dog House. In recent times, it has still been requested that we provide a dog sitting service! "

After the exam, we have a cute apartment with a walled garden and where we can cook on Magdalen Rd. That week after exams is Summer School on campus.

Cycling! Ugh. Honestly, that is the suggestion for getting around Oxford, but I am skeptical that my back will be any good for it. Plus I've always hated cycling and cars. How easy is it to do?

Aaack. Walking is OK except for carrying books, etc. I got a very light laptop, so maybe that'll just have to do. Any ideas are welcomed. The walk is supposed to be 30 minutes. Still checking on buses.... maybe slower but back-saving.

Whew, and where on earth to stay in London? What are must-sees? I've got the first leg of the trip pinned down except for the walking thing and I'm just now trying to figure out London. Help!

[You think I'm bad... they still haven't given us the address for classes, lol... and do we wear Gowns?, I forget what it is called at the moment but Exams are still taken in what we think of as 'graduation gowns' at Oxford! Wouldn't want to be the only one in that getup, lol...]

We are not doing France this trip... waiting till next year to see how my back likes this trip.

Comments (9)