SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pagan_gw

home again!

pagan
16 years ago

hey all! I drank far too much champagne, ate far too much chocolate, laughed far too much, and came away with only 6 roses - how restrained was THAT???

I owe huge apologies to Meredith and Jodes and anyone else that I missed seeing. We (Me, Carla, Patricia, Renae and Jimmy) arrived at RU about 10:30 on Saturday. I wandered around and drooled in the greenhouses (Pat won't have to water for a week!) and made my choices, then planted myself next to the snack table to chat and rest. I met Rhonda and her handsome garden helper, then Pat appeared and offered to open her garden to us! I couldn't pass up a chance to see her personal space, so hopped into my car and drove to her house. Her garden is what MY garden wants to be when it grows up... Anyway, then I met Carla and Co for lunch, and by the time we had finished a storm was hovering and my back and neck were screaming. I decided not to visit Ashdown as I could hardly move by then, and drove back to the hotel to rest, and thus missed the arrival of the rest of the party at RU!!! Lucky for me they saved me some cake and champagne, and Carla and Patricia dropped off the goodies for me in my room. It was an early nite for me, then I tumbled into the car and drove home, beat to a little pulp but happy. (Next time DH is going cus I need a chauffer!)

Mere and Jody, please forgive me for not being able to meet with ya'll - I just couldn't handle any more activity. My neck wasn't quite as ready for the rigors as I hoped it was - but NEXT time, by golly, the gloves will be off!!! I do want to thank everyone for making it a celebration for me and my successful surgery - what a precious memory and a great group of people!

Comments (8)